Order Picker is responsible for filling customer orders and delivering them to the shipping staging lanes or UPS area that meets company standards for safety, security, and productivity. Ensures completeness and correctness of all orders filled.
- Area 1 the Pick Module. The Order Picker position is responsible for picking all items in a particular zone or group of zones. Once the LPN is read by the “Smart conveyor” it will route the carton to the next pick zone based on the requirements. The Order Picker will scan the LPN and pick each required item by scanning the location and the product UPC for each item in the pick zone. When complete the Order Picker will move the carton back to the smart conveyor and work on the next LPN.
- Area 2 FG Pick. The Order Picker position is responsible for picking all items in a particular location. The order pick starts by scanning a LPN that has been completed by the pick module and WMS assigns the balance of the order to that operator, the follow directions from the scanning device and proceed to pick the balance of the order. Once the order is complete a packing slip is printed and reviewed to the pallet, weight is added and BOL is created. Order is then scanned to shipping lane.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Efficiently pick customer orders for shipment
- Ensuring that the correct number and type of product is loaded into the appropriate container and sent to shipping lane or UPS stage.
- Responsible for picking all items in a particular location.
- Once the LPN is read by the “Smart conveyor” it will route the carton to the next pick zone based on the requirements.
- Will scan the LPN and pick each required item by scanning the location and the product UPC for each item in the pick zone.
- When complete the Order Picker will move the carton back to the smart conveyor and work on the next LPN.
- Ensure outbound shipments are 100% accurate, free of damage (quality) and assembled in a timely matter.
- Other duties as assigned.
Equipment: Operate a handheld scanner and record every movement of inventory from any locations to each specific customer order ensure accuracy, quality, cleanliness of each customer transaction.
- Able to count accurately and write legibly.
- Must be able to operate a handheld RF scanner (radio frequency equipment).
- Must be able to understand and read instructions.
- Able to follow instructions is extremely important.
Experience (the minimum level of direct experience in a similar position).
- 1–12 months
Will work in normal warehouse conditions (no climate control) and is responsible to maintain clean and organized work environment. Must make sure that he/she follow safety rules while in the warehouse and office. Must report any incident minor or major.
This job is physically demanding; it requires the continual picking of heavy products up to 80 pounds; however, employees must only lift no more than 50 pounds. If need to lift something heavier must ask for assistance of another operator. The individual must stand and walk for prolonged periods. Must be capable of standing and walking for extended periods of time.